Please register to apply for this job.
18 Jun 2020
“the functions and responsibilities listed in the job description are not exhaustive and may be changed at any time, depending upon the operational requirements of the employer, and within the parameters of the post held by the employee”
Position: MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: FINANCE MANAGER: FINANCIAL & STATUTORY REPORTING
Purpose of the Job:
To produce timely and accurate management information for the Bank and its related companies for internal use by management and for statutory reporting purposes.
1. To prepare the monthly flash report as well as the detailed monthly management accounts (MI Pack) as well as other ad-hoc management reports.
2. To prepare statutory accounts for the Bank and its related companies, including reconciliation of statutory accounts with management accounts.
3. To review and analyse all inputs to the management accounts to ensure validity, completeness and accuracy.
4. Resolve any inaccuracies or differences/inconsistencies with client departments regarding their source data to ensure accuracy, quality and completeness of all incoming data.
5. To provide variance analysis and commentary in support of the MI Pack, incorporating notes and updates as directed.
6. Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with Finance Manager.
7. Consolidate annual budget, including long-term planning and rolling business plan/forecast information for subsequent years.
8. Preparing historic (actual) and forecast Cashflow projections
9. Co-ordinating the input of other departments to the budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting process.
10. Business analysis on specified areas, including new projects and initiatives as directed.
11. Assist with preparation of year end accounts and liaising with auditors as required.
12. Assist in the business continuity planning and operations of the Finance department.
13. Other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Senior Finance Team to assist in achieving Finance Department objectives.
Knowledge & Skills and Characteristics
Working knowledge of IFRS
Knowledge of statutory reporting requirements and financial industry regulations (Bank of Namibia, NAMFISA, NSX)
Sound knowledge of VAT and Income Tax
Accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to assimilate data into meaningful financial information
Good communication and presentation skills
Honesty & Integrity
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Ability to teamwork and mentor/coach others
Qualifications and Experience
Accounting Degree / Diploma
3 years relevant accounting experience including monthly reporting and use of financial models
Banking experience will be an advantage