BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.The ECD call centre will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.
In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Vacancy title: Nutrition Expert
- Evaluates parents and children’s nutritional needs
- Draws up a meal plan for the client’s dietary requirement
- Evaluates plan’s effectiveness and revises as necessary
- Counsels parents on nutrition and ideal nutritional choices based on the client’s current condition
- Consults with a team of healthcare practitioners who work together with the client
- Educates the public on nutrition issues
- Keeps up to date on the latest nutritional studies and findings
- Travels to speaking engagements when working with the community
- Recruits volunteers when working on nutritional research projects
- Gathers statistics and organizes reports when conducting research
- Writes up reports detailing the client’s progress
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor degree inFood and Nutritional Science, dietetics, biochemistry, or relevant field. Postgraduate or masters degree as an added advantage.
- Valid license to practice the profession
- Developing Personalized Nutrition Plans for Clients Preferred.
- Instructing, Coaching, and Motivating Clients Preferred.
- Proven experience as a nutritionist.
- Thorough understanding of biochemistry and human physiology.
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Both in Verbal and Written Communication.
- Strong Coaching Skills.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
- Good Decision Making Skills.
- Great Presentation Skills.
- Time Management Skills.
- Self- motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to Perceive Client Reactions and Discern What Motivates Their Dietary Behaviour;
- Ability to Demonstrate Complex Problem Solving Skills