Plantation Manager (Foresters)– Two posts
KVTC is currently recruiting candidates to fill the four vacant positions in our Forest Department. Below please find a detailed job advert
The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) is a forestry company located in the Kilombero and Ulanga Districts of the Morogoro Region. The Company manages teak plantations and natural woodlands and processes timber in a factory located at Mavimba in the Ulanga District.
KVTC Currently has Four (4) vacancies for Foresters with between 3-8 years of experience:
KVTC’s estates are divided into 5 working units and each working unit has a plantation manager assigned to manage the day to day operations in the unit.
1. Contractor Management
2. Inspection of Forestry Standards
3. Road Maintenance
4. Natural Woodland Protection
5. Management of forest fires (protection)
6. Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
7. Training/instructing and supervising farm workers
8. Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily
9. Ensure compliance with Government regulations and Health and safety standards
10. Keeping an up-to- date knowledge of pests and diseases
Plantation managers are required to work independently, and the vast majority of their time is spent in the field. Note that this is not a desk or office function.