Pre Primary Teacher
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisation having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university.
We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and C-Sema have joined hands to collectively address Early Childhood Development (ECD) issues in Tanzania through rigorous and innovative approaches; problem-based solutions; and outreach programs targeting children with a focus on establishing a National ECD Child Helpline (ECD call centre) to support nurturing care of children aged 0-8 years and parents of all children, prioritizing those at risk and extremely marginalized.
The ECD call centre will inform communities and caregivers to ensure children’s good health and nutrition, and protect them from threats. It will also give young children opportunities for early learning, through interactions that are responsive and emotionally supportive as well as supporting caregivers’ mental health and well-being.In ensuring the smooth execution of this project, BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self-motivated individual to fill the jobs vacancies below….
Vacancy title: Pre Primary Teacher
- Respond to incoming/inbound calls and provide the needed services
- Send the required information to the stakeholders through outbound SMS services.
- Responsible for the resolution of inbound/outbound calls as per the workflow.
- Responsible for validation of records & registration of beneficiaries
- Assist in the resolution of queries.
- Establish good working relations with the project team, government, and stakeholders at districts and regional leve
- Link with responders in local authorities at the district and regional level to enhance the referral mechanism of cases.
- Link parents and children with available services surrounding them.
- Adhere to high ethical safeguarding standards and comply with all regulations.
- Promote and abide by internal policies and procedures including child protection policy.
- Develop and submit all reports to the supervisor.
- Document well project success stories, case study, best practices, lesson learned, and submit to supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Development, Social Work, Social Sciences. Postgraduate or masters degree as an added advantage.
- Experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Valid license/certificate to practice the profession.
- Should have experience in a call centre.
- Should have excellent communication skills in Kiswahili and English.
- Experience in providing guidance and counseling.
- Exceptionally patient and passionate about working with children.
- Familiarity with early childhood development to address the emotional, physical, and mental needs of children.
- Creativity in creative activities such as art, dance, and music to guide parents to stimulate children’s development.
- Excellent communication skills